Present simple or present continuos?
In this unit we are going to study present simple and present continuous. But also, we are going to do exercise with both present tenses, so you are going to decide which one it's better for a situation. To finish the unit we are going to study adverbs of frequency and time expressions.
Esta secuencia contiene:
De 3 a 5 horas
What's about it?
In this unit you will learn more about present tense: present simple and present continuos. Sometimes we doubt about which present tense form should we use. Don't worry! It's normal because it's not our home language. We should practice a lot so that way we can improve our english. What do you think? Should we start? First of all, we are going to read a text and listen to an audio, pay attention on the present tense.
Do you already know present tense forms, don't you? You have already studied the present simple and present continuos in previous courses. That's why we are going to review quickly the grammar of these tenses. What do you remember? When we use present simple? When we use present continuos? Try to remember everything you can but if you need some help you can use the links. Choose a classmate to do it with him or her, one of you should explain to the other one the Present Simple, for example, and then you change the role.
Present simple or present continuous?
- Abrir actividad
- 3 recursos
Now it's time to put it all together and improve everything you have been studied. We are going to do some exercises, you should decide which option is better: present simple or present continuous? Remember some tips as: it's an habit or a routine? - we'll use present simple. It's a situation that happens at the moment? - we'll use present continuous. Let's practice!
Adverbs of frequency and time expressions
When we talk about habits we use adverbs of frequency and we use time expressions with the Present Continuous. Let's see some examples!
What have we learned?
- Abrir actividad
- 4 recursos
We have arrived at the end of the unit... don't worry! We'll see you soon and before leaving let's practice a little bit more. On the following links are some tests, do it on your own to see how much you learned.
- Know the form of Present Simple and how to use it.
- Know the form of Present Continuous and how to use it.
- Distinguish between Present Simple and Present Continuos.
- Differentiate between an action in progress and a routine to be able to decide which is the correct…
- Be able to describe habits, routines and lifestyles using the correct present tense.
Criterios de evaluación
- Uses Present Simple and Present Continuous in the appropriate contexts.
- Distinguishes the uses of Present Simple and Present Continuous.
- Expresses their opinion in an adequate way depending on the context.
- Understands the adverbs and th time expressions and uses them correctly.
- Is able to create sentences that are constructed using the correct form of the present tenses.